photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Facebook Stalking


Facebooking Stalking: The phrase that my generation is using more and more every day. I used to have this task mastered to the pin-point, and still do even without an actual Facebook profile. I used to perform this sport late at night, and would always go straight to my exes' and their current flings' profiles... Honestly, I think it was one of the most unhealthy things I could have done to myself. After almost always a painful break-up, it hurt even worse to know that I was the one who couldn't move on; and the pictures on their profiles were the proof.
About four months ago, I deactivated my account, which was one of the best things I have done in ages. My most recent ex, an 8th grade math teacher, did not have a facebook either. But I will admit, that sometimes, late at night, after I have finished my studying, I wish I had his profile to disect... But then I remember how it deteriorated my self-worth and confidence. Beware of the Facebook demons, I tell you!

Check out this interesting Elle article: Confessions of a Facebook Stalker.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...