photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY: Heart Banner

I think Thursdays are my favorite day of the week. There is always so much to look forward to!

Today I'm going to share with you a super easy project that I just finished. Of course it took me way longer than it should have because I always procrastinate with my DIY projects.

Here was my inspiration that I found on Pinterest:

NewImage

So since I didn't have that super cute heart cut-out, I just traced one of my own, thus making the project take a long longer than it should have.

IMG 1301

IMG 1302

Please excuse my blurry photos. Not sure what was goin' on with me that night...

IMG 1311

My good friend Rob likes to call himself the "architect" of this project since he gave me the glue stick that I used, and also cut out a good amount of the hearts. This project is pretty self-explanatory, so I don't think I have to give you detailed steps on how to do it.

Here's the finished product, hanging in front of my bedroom door.

IMG 1786

IMG 1788 2

IMG 1790

IMG 1798

 

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looove this! I might try one!! xoxoMom

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! Love this!!! I wanna do it right now! hehe, Idn if my bf would approve a string of colorful hearts though... maybe if they were only up til v-day... but knowing me I'd want them up 24-7!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

That's so cute! Perfect for Valentine's day!

C a m i l l e said...

Love this banner!! I wanted to let you know I awarded you with The Versatile Blogger award! It was my first time giving out an award, and I spent a TON of time this week reading blogs and picking the most versatile, deserving bloggers I found. Here's it is : http://www.gardengnomearts.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html . I enjoy your blog! Have a great day! -Camille {Garden Gnome Arts}

bonbon said...

LOVE this project! It is so adorable! Such a good idea to use the paint swaps from the paint store. And I am SO glad that I foudn yoru blog because I have been looking for mustard yellow tights for what seems like centureis and now you have finally told me where I can find them! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

chantilly said...

so cute! i love that you can use paint chips- you don't even have to buy materials. brilliance.

lilly said...

such a great/FREE idea! Love it! Now planning a trip to the hardware store :)

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Emily, this is incredible! Love your hearts. You have mad scissor skills.

Blytheponytailparades said...

I love using paint samples for projects! SO cheap! I love this :)

Melanie said...

that is the cutesttt idea! love it!

Anonymous said...

That heart bunting is amazing, I'm so going to try this! I've been reading through your blog for a while now and I have to say I'm totally jealous of your hair so I just thought I'd let you know ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...