photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Monday, June 18, 2012

My Essential Oils

A couple months ago, a very close friend of mine revealed the beauty of essential oils to me. I am forever indebted to her. And let me preface this little post with the fact that Rachel taught me almost everything I know about this other than some research here and there. But she helped me figure out applications. So I've become a little obsessed, and am always applying my essential oils on a daily basis.

Rachel created an "Emily" scent for me. (I wanted it to have a good amount of patchouli and Bergamot. They are both oils that are supposed to help balance anxiety levels.) I've kind of become super emotionally attached to my scent, it's a little silly. 

One probably important thing to know is that essential oils aren't supposed to be applied straight onto the skin, which I do anyway, but wharves, right?!

What I use essential oils for: 

+ Perfume - I mix essential oils with a base: I use almond oil.

+ Laundry - I will dab a little lavender on a damp wash cloth and put it in the dryer with the rest of the load. 

+ Sleep - I spray a little lavender and patchouli on my pillow before I go to bed. Lavender is supposed to help with sleep.

+ Acne - Sometimes I dab a little tea tree oil straight up onto my cheeks before bed to help with pimples.

Now I apologize about the blurry photos. I was taking these late at night and the lighting in my room is just horrible. 

IMG 3581

IMG 3587

Oshadi Oils are probably my favorite, specifically the Synergy blend.

IMG 3591

IMG 3600

We always put my perfume scent in a roll-on bottle that Rachel gave me. 

IMG 3606

3 comments:

New Leaf said...

I love using essential oils for perfume. My fav is a combination of Egyptian Musk and Patchoulli. When I lived in CA I got my oil at a place called The Dragon Marsh, but their supplier changed and now my perfect beautiful oil is in the wind. I did find something very similar at our local EarthFare whole food type grocer. The supplier is www.kuumbamade.com if you're ever looking for quality oils online. :)

I love bergamot too.. which is why I love the smell of Earl Grey tea! :o)

Marisa Noelle said...

I use essential oils as perfume and tea tree on my face too! Once I've started, I definitely could never go back. I really want to try that laundry tip - very clever. Seems much better than purchasing the expensive all natural dryer sheets - which don't leave much of a scent anyways.

I <3 Patchouli & Bergamot:)

Maggy said...

Oh, that is too cool. I would also be obsessed with having my own scent, but I think it would take me forever to decide on a combo! Lavender is so wonderful, I have a lavender spray oil from Trader Joe's that is my treat when I need some soothing scent. Enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...