photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Importance of Prayer, Meditation, & Meditation

If any of you know me in "real life," then you know that I am what we refer to as a "nester." I love nesting. It's my favorite thing to do after a long day at work and at the gym. What is nesting you ask? Well I'll tell you! 

Webster (a.k.a. Emily's) Dictionary Definition

Nesting /nest/ : 

< verb > 1. to spend time in one's home in a state of relaxation while doing various activities such as blogging, needlework, reading on the back porch, doing loads of laundry and ironing, cleaning & vacuuming, being quiet, praying/meditation

2. being quiet and spending some alone time while doing the above activities 

Used in a sentence - "Dennis, I need to do some nesting." 

"I am going to go nest." 

It is extremely important that I get this alone-time at least once a weekly basis. I used to do it several times a week, but after Dennis and I started dating, I didn't have as much time to do it. But when I do find time to nest, it usually involves several hours to myself. There will be a time for self-reflection, a time for activities such as the ones in my definition, and a time for prayer/meditation time. I do a lot of praying throughout the day, for like many Christians, I look at it as more of a constant conversation between me and God throughout the day. But this time is more designated. It is a time for just being quiet and being still. Before Karina died, I was a lot better at this. Before she would come over after work during the week, I would often have this time after I went to the gym while she was on her way over. Or I would just plan for it later in the evening. After she died, I had more trouble spending time by myself. I didn't like being alone anymore and had to constantly surround myself by other people. I'm just starting to get back into the swing of my old routine now, which is good, because it totally feeds my soul! 

IMG 3781

IMG 3782

IMG 3784

IMG 3786

IMG 3790

IMG 3795

IMG 3798

IMG 3803

IMG 3805

IMG 3807

photos by Michael E. Dennis

Skirt: J.Crew Factory

Shirt: Ralph Lauren

Belt: Thrifted at Boomerangs 

Earrings: Dinosaur Toes - Blog & Etsy Shop

Frames: Vintage

What do you do to relax and debrief? 

5 comments:

New Leaf said...

love love love this outfit. good thing you'll be nesting more often.. I can steal it while you're not paying attention.

oh, and can we get a close up on the bracelet?

Hanna said...

LOVE this outfit! super cute!

Kristin said...

Oh yes, I'm a "nester" too! Love my home time, and especially my alone time when I'm not doing much of anything...just time to BE. Love it!

ylenia said...

Hey nice blog here, wanna follow each other?

Unknown said...

I love the ruffled shirt paired with the colorful striped skirt! Very chic! -Jessica

THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...