photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Style de Haviland: Le Tigre Knit & Space Sneakers

Man, the holidays wiped me out!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and time well spent with family and friends! I've been thinking a lot lately on the importance of friendship and those that we choose to surround ourselves with. For so many years, I kept the friends I had from adolescence and as we were all growing into young adults, we were all changing and going in very different directions. Of course there's a handful of friendships that I would never give up on because the relationship is healthy and a positive influence for both parties, but I realized that I was often in quarrel or feeling extremely hurt by many of the female friendships I had dating back to middle and high school. 

It's extremely important to surround yourself with people who will lift you up and not tear you down. We are not here to criticize each other's faults, but we're also not here to just ignore all the shitty stuff that we do to each other sometimes and have absolutely no accountability at all. Friendship can be hard sometimes. It's not all peaches and fuzzies, ya know? But it's not there to bring you down. We are social creatures who are fed and blessed by one another. I'm definitely finding that there's a healthy balance there. 

Anyways, those are my two cents for the day. 

IMG 9317

IMG 9291

IMG 9326

IMG 9288

IMG 9345

IMG 9297

IMG 9343

Knit Dress: Le Tigre (7 years old) via Filene's Basement 

Leggings: ModCloth

Sneakers: Saucony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...