photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DIY: Wooden Chalkboard

If you haven't caught on already, I'm a kind of a lazy crafter. I cannot sew, which is a HUGE handicap to have when one is as into crafting as I am. It's really just gotta change. But that basically has nothing to do with this DIY. Apparently I needed to get that off my chest…??… So I bought a wooden plaque for something like $8 at Michael's. (I got it at the same time I bought supplies for these Wonderland-inspired wall art pieces.) I didn't know really what I was going to do with it, and then decided that I'll definitely be needing a reminder-board come fall (for reasons yet to be exposed.) All you need is the below: 

+ chalk paint & white paint

+ brushes

+ wooden plaque 

IMG 2355

1. Paint your entire board in several layers of chalk paint. 

IMG 2358

2. And around the edges you can accent the board with white and paint some boarders. For my boarders, I used this pin for inspiration. 

IMG 2366

3. Hang in a spot near your bedroom doorway or somewhere you'll be able to be forced to see it on your way out the door. 

Chalkboard 2014 II

Chalkboard 2014 I

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...