photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bosch


The other day I did a little shopping session on the Borders website, for I had $40 gift card. Instead of buying books, (I'm getting the kindle for Christmas from my Ma), I got some posters. I've decided that this time I am going to actually put them in frames! (Woah, frames?) I got two Audrey Hepburn posters that I hadn't ever seen before, and one of my favorite pieces by Hieronymus Bosch.
Bosch is in my opinion, one of the most eccentric painters in history. The use of his medium was not only abnormal for his time-period, but also for the Flemmish artists in general. The creatures that he created were that of an 15th century Tim Burton. And I love his use of color!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...