photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When Harry Met Sally


Last night I had the evening to myself. I decided it was a good night take off and watch a good romantic flick. Strangely, this hasn’t happened too often in the past year or so. If I do take a night off from work and school, I’m not alone, and I’m definitely not watching a romantic drama! (We all know what my genre pick is on a normal sunny day.)
Okay, so it wasn’t a romantic drama, but it was as close as I could get and not be Pride & Prejudice or Atonement. (I do fancy era films.) Around 8:00 p.m. last night, after my nightly phone call to my best friend, aka Ma, I started When Harry Met Sally. I know, aren’t you surprised I haven’t seen this? But seriously kids, this had so many great qualities that I look for in films. Not only is it so cute and funny, it really makes the audience appreciate friendship. It put more stress on the actual relationship and friendship between a man and a woman and not on their sexual interactions.
After I finished the film, I made sure to ask the Lord to not only send me a man who is God-fearing and God-loving, but to send someone who will be my best friend. The more I prayed about it, the more I also realized that if I do end up with a man, he’s got to be a leader and not afraid of me. (Harry was such a fun and great guy, but for so long, you could tell that Sally just wanted him to tell her the truth, to tell her that he loved her. And for so long, he was so fearful.) For many years, I have dated cowards. And over the past year, I’ve realized that I certainly don’t need any man at all, but if there is a man, he can’t be afraid to love me.
And I know he’s probably out there somewhere. I think the Lord is just stretching my patience out a little longer, and I am definitely okay with that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...