Alright, so let’s be real here: Almost all the blogs I follow are of young women in their early twenties to early thirties who are in a relationship, married, or married with children. I’m trying to figure out why that is, but my mind has to work too hard in order to figure that one out and I eventually give up.
Five Pros and Five Cons of Being Single
1. I can be really selfish and just think about what God wants for me. What do I want? What are my needs? I don’t have to think about anyone else, but myself. (Talking about schedules, financial decisions, free time, etc.)
2. I can hang out with my bros
whenever I want all the time and not have to worry about a significant other struggling with jealousy. (If I ever do meet someone wonderful, he will have to deal with the fact that I have a lot of man-friends anyways.)
3. When I’m sitting by myself at my apartment, I can watch Pride & Prejudice with no guilt.
4. I am extremely comfortable in my own skin. I love being me, and I’m not afraid to show who I am.
5. I get to talk to my mom on the phone about three times a day.
1. If my zipper to my back dress gets stuck or if the clasp of one of my bracelets is stuck, I have no one to help me.
2. I have to go to weddings, church, and holiday celebrations by myself.
3. Although Dennis and I snuggle at times, I sometimes lie in my bed at night wishing there was someone there to put the moves on me.
4. Which brings me to my next con – I am EXTREMELY sexually frustrated all the time. But that’s okay, since I’m not a skank anyways.
5. Grieving is extremely difficult when there’s no one else at home with you.
So there’s my pros and cons list! Now I want to make this very clear: I truly do enjoy being on my own and living my life the way I believe God wants me to. Being single is a HUGE blessing, and I have come to love it so much, but that doesn’t mean that there are really difficult parts about it. Each lifestyle has its own difficulties and its own battles. Right now though, God has chosen this life for me, and I love it.
Are you single or are you in a relationship? What does your pros and cons list looks like?