photo aboutme_zps912dc194.png  photo outfitfiles_zpsdebcb557.png  photo ibelieve_zps9fcb2b51.png

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Brother: Buh Buh Buh Benny & the Jetssssss

I met to write this earlier this week, but work got in the way. Be prepared for some major mushiness. 

This past weekend, my younger brother was the soloist with the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra. Here's a quick background: Ben is graduating from high school next weekend. He's going to Eastman with a massive scholarship, which is part of the top tier of conservatories in the country. And he works damn hard in school as well. 

Every time Ben is the soloist or is playing with the Youth Philharmonic at New England Conservatory or is just being himself with our little foursome of a family, I often tear up. I often say to myself, "holy shit, that's my younger brother." Not only is my younger brother oozing with talent, but he's also one of the sweetest, snuggliest, and most wonderful young men I've ever known. He's been by my parents' side 150% during these past couple years and has loved them to the fullest; which is something I couldn't be more thankful for during this time that we're going through. I couldn't have a more wonderful young man as my brother, I really couldn't. 

With all the pain and loss that this past year has brought me and my family, I'm astonished by the way he's turned out. It's all him. (And my parents' wonderful parenting skills, of course.)  

IMG 3384

I honestly couldn't be prouder...

IMG 3390

IMG 3398

IMG 3400

IMG 3401

Above: This is what we refer to as "emoting."

IMG 3407

IMG 3409

IMG 3410

IMG 3413

Such a proud dad… They're so cute together, I just can't stand it. 

IMG 3415

And isn't he super cute?! I mean, look at how photogenic this guy is?! It's STUPID. 

IMG 3434

And another great thing is that he has GREAT taste in women. Anya, thank you for being so supportive and good to him. 

IMG 3437

And I couldn't resist posting this photo of my momma and her bestie. They're "sisters separated at birth." 

Have a great long weekend, my loves! See you on the other side. 

1 comment:

Natasha said...

This is SUCH a sweet post. I have two younger brothers so can totally relate to your sentiments! And your brother is such a looker! Adorable.
xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...